Sunday, June 01, 2008

coyotes and cougars and deer, oh my!




Judy Laquidara has been showing deer in her back yard in the wilds of Missouri.
Last week, here in the middle of Chicago, Seth was playing along the street in front of our house when a deer walked right by him.
Paul had a coyote at school, and there was a cougar a few blocks away.
It was humorous for this farm girl to see two guys on rollerblades using hockey sticks trying to herd the deer until animal control came by and darted it.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Eeek!! I'm moving up in a couple of days...maybe I should reconsider my city gear? lol

Anonymous said...

We've had a deer in our backyard, and lots of raccoons and opossums. My husband always says that there's not much to see in other parts of the country that you can't see right here in our wonderful city of Chicago! Of course, this is just his excuse for not taking me on vacation, but he does have a point.
--Kim

Elaine Adair said...

a cougar??? in Chicago ????

atet said...

I'd be more suprised by these if I didn't know that we have tons of all three out here in the cornfields -- and since it's only about 70 miles from here to Chicago...

StitchinByTheLake said...

In Chicago? Wow...that's not unusual where I live in Arkansas but then we've got so many that the hunters kill thousands ever fall and they just keep multiplying! And a cougar? I saw one run across the highway once years ago. It must have been the most beautiful creature I've ever seen - it was so graceful it was like water flowing.