Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bible Story Theater 2008


Another year of Bible Story Theater, this year celebrating its 30th year at St Pauls UCC in Chicago. This year, it was a review of the past thirty years of productions, called "the wHOLYe Bible". People came from around the country to reprise their roles.


I worked mainly with the "Bookettes". I thought "shopworn chorus girls" in planning their costumes. A wonderful theater person came up with the plan for the sandwichboard Bibles. I had a great millinery shop going with church women making the pillbox hats.


I also worked with the Unclean Spirits. Always fun!


Eve was a John the Baptist groupie, a Beehive. My friend Sharon Sikes made her dress.


The Beehives in rehearsal. We had a parishioner who wore a beehive back in the day help organize the hairdos.


My Seth the Baal worshiper strikes a pose.

2 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Now that looks like a LOT of fun. Pillbox hats even! Great job.

atet said...

That does look like a ton of fun! Great job on those hats.