Wednesday, April 18, 2007

monocromatic crayon box




I finished my version of Bonnie's Crayon Box. I have been trying to get a handle on the plaid shirt problem in my sewing space. I tackled the small parts in the blue pile and cut them into pieces for this--put together with no concern for value of light, medium, and dark. I did not use the sashing, butting 20 blocks together, spining alternate ones. This puts in a subtle secondary pattern of a woven cross at the intersections.
Thanks Bonnie!

7 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Lynn it looks fabulous! I am a big fan of monochromatic quilts (although you would not know it from looking at the ones I've made so far!). And the colours worked out beautifully, despite not planning them out.

sophie said...

I really like it, too.

Malagueta said...

I've downloaded this pattern, too, and am waiting to give it a go. Your quilt turned out so lovely!

Finn said...

Happy Earth Day Lynn! What a great quilt. Love the tonal blues, they sure do make a comfortable looking quilt top.
It would be fun to be able to buy a box of crayons in all blues..*VBS* Hugs, Finn

Melanie said...

I can just picture this on a boy's twin bed with a red pillow in the middle. I love it.

Kairle Oaks said...

Great variation, Lynn. I love the blues!

Rach said...

This is a really beautiful quilt. Such lovely restful colors.

x rach