Monday, April 03, 2006

fabric


This week is the big expo here in the suburb of Rosemont. If you go, take the el as the River Road stop is just as close as the parking ramp, and the ramp cost $11.00 last year.
Last year I restricted myself after indulging the previous two years. This year I plan to take it easy too. I can do alot with the fabric already in my house. I re-read Bonnie's shopping the stash piece, and find that adding just a few new fat quarters can make my old fabrics look good again in new combinations.
This is a detail of a quilt I made in 2000. All from stash.

11 comments:

dot said...

Looks like a really nice quilt.

Cher said...

I love that pattern-you can have such fun with it-and it is always great to shop your stash first.

Lucy said...

OOOhh Finn. I am faling in love for this quilt !!! Can I get a look from the whole quilt ??

Lucy said...

oeps... I said finn. but of course I mean Lynn :c)

Carolyn said...

It's beautiful! What a great stashbuster too!

Judy said...

Beautiful Quilt. I love the quilting stitch...it looks like flames. I always like to see scrap quilts, they seem so lively.

Holly said...

Oh Lynn!!! This is so pretty. I love scrap quilts the best.

tami said...

Beautiful quilt. I love that pattern. I made one for my daughter a few years ago and I liked it so much I made one for our bed. DH says it's his favorite quilt I have ever made.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what a beautiful scrap quilt! I love it! I like the pattern because it shows the fabrics so well!

Laura said...

What a great scrap quilt! The stars really pop out!

Linda C said...

Gorgeous quilt, Lynn. I love that pattern as well and it looks great in scrappies!

I covet one a friend made in purples with yellow sashings and feel that one day some of my collection of those two colors will be turned into a Vestibule quilt.