Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Beth's Roman Stripe



My sister, Beth, loves to quilt, but her busy teaching and lecturing schedule leaves little time. She fits in quilting one hour a week during her daughter's guitar lesson.
She made this top many (17?) years ago, and for Christmas last year, my mother had it quilted and I did the machine work of the binding. This gave her another hand-work project of getting the binding done over the year.
My mom has had several of my tops quilted as presents for me--a wonderful gift.

6 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

It is wonderful. And what great gifts - quilting!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Beth did a great job. I love the colors and the pattern too. I bet she loves having it finished - excellent Christmas present.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Oooh..I love the idea of having my quilts quilted as a gift! I might have to consider talking DH into this one!

Bonnie

Quiltgranny said...

Can I be adopted by your mother? LOL!

I love the quilt, and it's just as fresh today as it was 17 years ago! What great choices on the colors!

Tracey said...

What a fabulous idea to have her quilts quilted for her. I think I may add that to NEXT year's Christmas/birthday list. :o)

Holly said...

I like how she spends that one hour a week quilting. She'll always have memories tied to her daughter's guitar lessons when she see's that quilt.